9.04.2012

mercer university

Talk about a tightknit community...

Everyone who goes to Mercer is like family. Anytime I walked on campus with a sister, she saw so many people she knew, and I mean actually knew. It was impressive. What was really crazy was when I'd start walking places on campus & see sisters I knew. So, basically, what I'm getting at is this:

these sisters became my family.

I loved it at Mercer. I knew it was going to be a great visit when a sister came up to me early on & said: if you went to school here, you so would've been a Pi. (yep - she was right.) Between trips to Jittery Joes (the best little coffee shop in town), a late-night Sonic run, and the best dinner at Carrabbas, I fell in love with this school. I promise you I loved the sisters, too! Just noticed the aforementioned list all deals with food... (Once a foodie, always a foodie.)

what could be better than blue & white? blue, white, and red. 'merica.
So here's something I've learned so far from this whole living-out-of-three-suitcases mess:

some of the best times in life are unplanned...

...like this chapter's impromptu Bid Day dance party in the rain a few years ago - When the rain washed away their plans of traveling to the lake for the afternoon on Bid Day, they didn't fret. Instead, they danced the day away out on the back porch & here's what I heard about that day: it was the best Bid Day yet. Well, until this year.

This year, they had a Red, White, and Boom Bid Day theme complete with baseball tees, American flag wooden letters, and the yummiest cookout food. And yes - a dance party on the back porch. See below. (I really wish I could dance. Ballet? Got ya covered. Anything else? Uh, not so much.) Oh, how could I forget the most important part of Bid Day? They had the greatest starting line-up: the 2012 Alpha class!

My visit to Mercer University is certainly one for the books. Literally. I've already sent home cards sisters wrote me, so I can stick them in my scrapbook.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment