4.02.2013

california adventures

When I began to seriously think about this job...

I decided I wouldn't go home on my two days off (and when's that? only every 30 days. 30). When else am I going to get this opportunity to pack my life into three suitcases and hit the road? Probably never. So, I'm milkin' it for all it's worth.

I've been spending most of the spring semester in Pacific Time, and when my first days off for the spring semester rolled around at the end of February, I was ready for an adventure & adventure is what I got.

I'm not usually a spontaneous person - ask my mom; on Monday morning, I'm asking what's for dinner on Friday. My life has always revolved around familiarity... The same 'ol thing day in & day out... Until this job! Now, I'm game for just about anything (No, John, I'm still not ready to jump out of a plane.).

First on the agenda: Disneyland. Who can say they've been to Disneyland & Disney World within a year of each other? Not many. Still haven't quite figured out how I lucked into this job...

camera? throw diamonds, of course.

Next up: paddle boarding. Ever tried this? You should! I was 100% certain I was going to fall into the water, but I actually balanced the entire two hours - I guess all those years of ballet paid off.

such a fun afternoon

Yet another treat: a ritzy movie theater. It may not sound like much to you, but to a girl coming from Covington, VA where the movie theater shows only three movies at a time (usually ones that have been out for a month or so), and you can feel every spring in the seat, this. was. awesome. Every person had a La-Z-Boy to sit in & watch the movie. A La-Z-Boy! Crazy. Waitresses waited on us & brought us whatever our hearts desired (ps: popcorn drizzled in dark chocolate and caramel should be a sin).

Can't forget this: riding beach cruisers along the Pacific. They say you never forget how to ride a bike, but I'm pretty sure I had forgotten. You should've seen me try to get started on this thing. Embarrassing. We rode all the way from Huntington Beach to Newport Beach! It felt like a forever-long bike ride, but who knows how long it actually was.

so, the bike was almost too tall for me.

Oh, and somehow, I ended up at the Orange County Music Awards. Crazy.

California, its been real. Maybe I'll see you soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment