11.02.2012

valdosta state & austin peay

Well, I guess if you can't go to your own Homecoming...

Go to everyone else's! After all this traveling, I'm not really sure where I'm from or where I'm going. So, naturally, I fit right in at these homecoming celebrations.

Greeks certainly do love their traditions, and homecoming is no exception. Lip sync, step shows (check out Austin Peay steppin' below), talent shows, pomping (Yep. This was new to me, too. It's a fancy name for rolling tissue paper into balls ot be later glued to a float.) sheets & sheets & sheets of paper... All for one purpose: first place. First place in homecoming comes with major bragging rights, and what chapter doesn't want that?

the makings of austin peay's homecoming float
Both chapters I visited were lucky enough to have homecoming queen candidates, too! What an honor. Having a candidate on court is huge! Major PR opportunities for the chapter + Sister gets recognized for her hard work during college = Big win for all involved. Kelly, VSU sister, is Panhellenic President (basically, queen of sorority land), and Mary, APSU sister, is in the President's Emerging Leaders Program & a big sister for the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. Yep. ΑΔΠs are the finest. We've been telling ya that since 1851.

kelly & mary
Ya know, I get asked a lot where home is. "Virginia." But, the more & more I travel, the more & more I'm getting the urge to answer a bit differently.

"Here."

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment