6.11.2012

throw it in the bag


Being a small town girl...

I didn't really grow up shopping. In fact, the closest mall to my house is a whole hour away! My bestest friend in the whole wide world, Meghan (may be referred to in the future as the ginger), just pops on over to the mall when she's bored. I just don't get that; that's never been me. I know, I know - It sounds awful, but calm down. I survived my shopping-deprived childhood. Needless to say, the time has never been more right to shop 'til I drop.

You know what I wish? I wish somebody had clued this chick in on all of the unbelievably awesome sales places like The Limited & LOFT have. I mean seriously, thanks for holding out on me, y'all. There's nothing I love more than a good sale. So, I figure I'll share a great coupon website Tarina (may be referred to in the future as Nancy, T-Bone, T$, etc.) clued me in on when I got this job: dealspl.us! My coupons have almost always worked when I've been doing online shopping. Speaking of online shopping...

it's a love/hate relationship.

I found the cutest pieces on Forever 21's website. I've never stepped foot in their store. I know, I know... Yet again another shopping tragedy. I anxiously awaited their arrival at my doorstep, and what do you know: they don't fit (oops - guess this big booty isn't so great after all). Shoot. What to do... What to do... What do all girls do in crisis? Call Momma. We shopped 'till we dropped (and desperately needed an ice cream cone) & now I'm all set! PTL.


So, how do you shop for a job like this? Well, since I'll be living out of 3 suitcases, I've been told the key is to buy pieces that can be mixed-and-matched to create a bunch of new outfits. We'll soon see if I was successful at this. Countdown to my debut as a 2012-2013 Leadership Consultant at Leadership Seminar: 15 days


So, as our girl Marilyn says: 
Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.
Let's see if I found the right shoes. 



1 comment:

  1. Just a warning: Forever 21 the store is not as cool as the website. I feel like I always find cute stuff on the website, but everything in the store is just weird. :(

    ReplyDelete