7.16.2012

first taste of consultant life

It's still a bit of a mystery...

but I think I'm starting to get what consultant life is all about: unbelievable fun. I mean, c'mon. Take a look at what I was lucky enough to do during my first week as a 2012 - 2013 leadership consultant.

the infamous hug train
How many times in life is it acceptable to get this close to people you just met? Not many. Let's ponder the hug train for a sec. It's a seemingly simple pose, but please look at the top photo: our first hug train. Note the awkward space, particularly on the left side. hug train fail. Now, the middle photo. We're getting better at this whole "let me be in your personal space for a sec" thing. Take three? Now, that's frame-worthy. Cant get any closer than that.

brittany goes to macon
Second item on my first-week-as-a-consultant agenda: visit Macon, GA. First stop: Eugenia's grave. I know what you're thinking: um, this girl is weird (unless you're an ADPi. Then, you know how awesome this experience was.). Visiting one of ADPi's founder's graves was awe-inspiring. If you can't get the whole sorority thing, think of it as a Founding Fathers thing. I mean, do you think Mr. Ben Franklin had any idea what he was doing? Probably not. Well, I don't think Eugenia did either. If she only knew what ADPi would do for thousands and thousands of women... Mk - enough sentimental stuff for now. Second stop: Wesleyan College! This is where Eugenia & our other founders went to school. There's a beautiful fountain on the campus dedicated to ADPi (it's also the perfect spot to cool off on a hot GA day).

lovely women of eta pi + sister cantley
Third item: Remember my roots. Without the Eta Pi chapter, I wouldn't be shaped into the woman I am today, and to them, I am eternally grateful. It was so wonderful to hear Eta Pi be called over & over to collect their awards. No, awards aren't everything (sisterhood is), but they're a great reinforcer letting the chapter know they're on the right track. Eta Pi has some pretty phenomenal women, and I will truly miss them this year.

violet sister reveal
And, last but not least, find out who my violet sister is! I must say, this is what I was most excited for all week. If you know me, you know that I ask a bazillion questions (Ask my mom. Right after dinner on a Tuesday, I want to know what dinner on Wednesday is.). Now, I know who to direct my questions to! Her name is Cristina, and she is a w e s o m e. Wanna know something even better?! Cristina has two of us! Me & Miss Laura Stewart. Laura & I are two peas in a pod, so this set-up could not be any more ADPerfect.

So, that's a wrap. Time to go pack because guess what?!

My year as a Leadership Consultant begins tomorrow.

 

1 comment: